Sunday, March 29, 2015

Beyond the Backyard

Sometimes

I cry

Because

I am terrified 

And on my own

And not sure

                    Where to go

                              What to do

                                         Who to be

             How to get there


But sometimes

I also smile

Because this is life

And I am living

And terrified

And on my own

And that excites me

Because this is an adventure

That is hard

                                                                    and

                                                      beautiful

                                                   and
                                    
                                                        real
                                    
                                                                    and

I am 
                                                                   
                                                                       not 
                                                                   alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment